New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4" tv that I got to fit, and then a 5.4" on the factory radio location after pulling it apart and making a whole new face for it. I want to fit this Clarion 6.4" tv and its just like 1/2 inch too long and it hits my radio that is sitting where the cig. lighter use to be. I had the idea of pulling out my dash and fiberglass the hell out of it to fit the TV on top of my vents cause I don't want to seal off my a/c vents cause its hot as hell here. I figure out that I would put the radio back in the factory location and put the EQ remote control where the radio is just to fill in the whole and use the regular installation kit (ugly as hell) for the radio. Now the tv would be on top of the vents (center obviously) but I'm really worried about how its going to look and it its going to affect my forward vision since I'm a reckless driver already I don't want to block my forward vision. PLEASE HELP ME, send me some pictures or something!!! I've been thinking too long and my brain is starting to blow out smoke. THANKS IN ADVANCE TO EVERYONE THAT MIGHT HELP

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
you can put the 4" tvs in your visor, the 6.4" may be a problem and you are proly going to have to cut the dash and fiberglass it to fit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I cut out the a/c vents and I'm still sanding it down witch its going to take me a little bit. I think I'm going to take the time to paint my dash board white. I'll post pictures when I'm done probably by Saturday. I'll do the passenger visor next when i get inspired to pull the car apart again. Cause its a matter of inspiration =) LOL

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Find Bat Coug from Florida, he has a nice looking set up thats in the place of the two center airvents. if I can find a picture I'll post it...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about if u take the interrier lights out and put the tv up there on the console so that it swings up and down this way its out the way and u cnasee it in the back thats what im gona work on putting one

·
Registered
147 Posts
i'll solve your prob get rid of your factory deck and get an aftermarket i got a poineer 9200 with a panasonic 6.3in tv and it fits in dash easy try it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts