New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
OK i have done all the searching and reading possible...and am sooo stuck. I am taking the orange lens out of my headlights and i have done step by step said7seven`s instructions. But I am stuck at the plastic clip part. I do not understand what the hell i have to do to get it off. Do i have to pull apart some special way...cuz i feel like i am going to break it. Or do i start at the other end of the lights and work my way to the front part(orange lens end) and then pull the clip through. I don`t know and my headlights are sitting on my kitchen table. Can someone please help me.
Thank you....
Caro

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I've pulled apart my headlights 3 times now, so I think I am qualified to answer - but I am unsure at what step you are at...

you need to undo all the black tabs on the outsides
pull off the black seal thingy
pop off all the metal clips top and bottom
carefully start prying the lights apart... you just need to be very careful with the portion that has the angled tip... it has a small retainer sorta nub in the back that needs to be depressed a bit otherwise you could crack that corner straight off...

once you remove the 2 pieces... (get another set of hands to help you and alot of tooks to stuff in there to keep it somewhat seperated until it can all be ripped apart) unscrew the screws that are holding in the black plastic trim... carefully pop out the reflector...

take that time to clean your projectors and inside lenses... I used some "fog off" and that worked great

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok...thank you.

So far i only pulled off the 6 clips and the sealy thing...i thought from there you could take it off and that plastic clip thing(near the corner piece) i thought you had to unhook it and i cant...But i`ll look to see if there are anymore clips. I also read that cougaract(i think) said there was a copper or bronze type screw you have to screw off as well. But i`ll try what you are saying and see if that works...if not...i`ll be back tomorrow for sure...
thank you...
Caro

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
good luck... if you have any problems contact me or Said7 and we can walk you thru it

and yes.. the brass screws are what hold in the black inner paintable portion of the lights...

G

·
i think we really need a more details picture of that little nub when the lights are seperated, so people know what we are talking about.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
thats probably a good idea... Carolyn called my mod hotline last night... hopefully she got everything completed last night...

G

·
i'm going to be taking a pair of healights apart tonight ... should i take some more upclose and personal pics that isnt shown in the said7 page ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
i took mine apart but i dont recomend my way i now need a hood and bumper to put it looks like the head light come apart easy

G

·
When I did mine the first time I had to drill out a small nub that was in the middle of the toque head, to sepperate the plastic from the housing

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ahhhh.....its been raining madd here....and i have fog in the drivers side headlamp....but it goes away after 20 minutes in the garage...Do i have to take them apart again or can i wait till they are fulllllllllllly dry and secure it better and add more black goo around the casing?
Thank you again...
Caro

1 - 13 of 13 Posts