New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a door ajar light on all the time but have no door ajar. This requires me to put up with an annoying light up by the moon roof and I can't have my dome light turned on as it will drain the battery. When I open the rear deck a light turns on so that switch seems right. There are switches on the door strikes and if I cycle them fast enough ( Drivers and passenger) the horn will beep so I think those are working. Is there another switch somewhere to check / clean for the door ajar / dome light?

Thanks

Will

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
In my case it was the hatch. I didn’t have any issues with the light, just the alert in the overhead cluster.

The sensor has a little nub on the end of the plunger, and mine had broken off. This caused the plunger to not push in all the way, just by a millimeter, allowing the alert to remain.

·
Administrator
24,438 Posts
That wasn't really helpful.

OTHERWISE, there are a total of 4 sensors - one in each door, obviously; one on the trunk latch, and the fourth one is under the hood next to where the washer fluid bottle is located. The one under the hood, and the one on the trunk latch, are simple enough to just unplug, for testing purposes. My hood sensor is unplugged right now because I had a problem with my alarm and disconnected that one to disable the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts