New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several dents in my coug, and it hurts everytime I wash and wax it, those dents seem to be staring me in the face just laughing at me. They are not very big, but there are quite a few, it seems that I am always at the wrong place at the wrong time. I have tried taking my panels off, but they are just in hard to reach places, where they cannot be "dinged" out. Anybody please help me. :banghead:

Also I am wanting to install my stock cd player, but I don't have the wires, how difficult is this going to be?

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: BluDragon
I have several dents in my coug, and it hurts everytime I wash and wax it, those dents seem to be staring me in the face just laughing at me. They are not very big, but there are quite a few, it seems that I am always at the wrong place at the wrong time. I have tried taking my panels off, but they are just in hard to reach places, where they cannot be "dinged" out. Anybody please help me. :banghead:

Also I am wanting to install my stock cd player, but I don't have the wires, how difficult is this going to be?
If you don't have the harness to install the stock cd player, then I think you're going to need to have the lines run back up from god-knows-where... why doesn't your Cougar have the stock wiring?

As far as the dings go, you could always try ding-king (or whatever it's called, sold at most automotive stores) -- believe it or not, I've seen a couple of cars with dings get taken care of this way. I think it's 29 bucks or so. Otherwise, you could check into paintless dent removal, but it will be expensive if you have quite a few.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanks for the help, I will try that, you think I will be able to find it at auto-zone? as far as the stock, I took it out a while back and now I need to replace it for a short time (long story) so I was wondering how I was going to be able to do it, and what kind of a cable I am going to need. And where I was going to have to run it from.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
If all of the dings are in the same general location, I would go to a paintless dent repair shop. They tend to base the price as to how many different panels the dings are on.

I have no experience with the Ding King, but I really wanna try it!

Good luck,

Sunni :)

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
****- this must be coinciDENTal because some asshole just added a 1' by 3" dent to my passenger side door about 2 hours ago, Ive been looking at all the ding king sites and all that b.s. but Im just not sure if that product works as well, anyways my big concave in the door isnt going to be easy to hammer out. What ever it was it must of hit then bounced about a foot up the side. Maybe a 1 ton shopping cart or a ******* in a neon...I always park away from the rest of the losers in the lot, but I noticed a red neon right beside my car when I left...and he might of been the asshole...I do know that car because its the only red neon with 15" WAL-MART hubcaps and a bolt on muffler with a GTR badge on the trunk...IF it has some green tint to his door, he will have to meet my metal baseball bat!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
The ding king thing (hehehe....) works okay. This is how my friend did his.

1. Went to Pep Boys and got the DingKing and that big rubber suction thing.
2. Used the big rubber suction thing to bring the metal almost all the way back up to the surface.
3. Used the ding king to bring the dent up to the surface
4. Clean, buff, wax.
5. Enjoy the better looking panel.

It's not perfect, but for 30 bucks, you can't go wrong!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am trying the hot and then cold method anybody used it? you know heat up the panel, and then put ice on it. THey say that the change in temperatures so extreme is supposed to mold the metal back to it's original shape. I am trying it right now with regular ice, and tomorrow with dry ice.I will let Y'all know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the hot and cold thing didn't work for me. I also tried with this industrial strength suction cup my neighbor has, and nothing man. I don't know, but he said maybe it was too big for my size dents, and that it was pulling up a section too big. Maybe it just was not oncentrating the power in enough of a central location, ubt damn did it have some power. It took my 5 or 6 pulls until I could get it off. I had to build up momentum. I don't know what the other suction cups can do that that one can't, but maybe like he said that it is too big, and can't centralize all of the power. Anyway I will be going to purchase the ding king in a few weeks, and I will keep you guys posted. In the meantime any of you got anyother Ideas I'm listnening.

-Adrian

·
Registered
43 Posts
How does the Ding King work on the stock front bumper? I've got a small ding & rectangular cut (from the end of a trailer hitch) on the bumper and would like to find a cheaper way to fix it than getting a brand new bumper (does anyone know how much that costs BTW?)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Comparative Price.... cheaper to buy a new stock, or go body kit bumper ?

G

·
You don't need to buy a new bumper. There are professional bumper repair techniques that body shops use. Of course it is cheaper than buying a new bumper, putting it on, and painting it. This requires stripping old bumper (if you want), patching, and painting. Had it done to mine and you can't tell.

·
Registered
799 Posts
yeah, i had the exact same thing happen to my bumber (hitch mark) and just got that small area filled and blended with rest of the bumper....hella lot cheaper than replacing the whole thing!

·
Registered
43 Posts
did you strip it first, or just fill it? What did you fill it with? Did you use touchup paint, or have somebody pro match it for you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts