New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You have an electrical problem. There is a reason that you are blowing your fuses right away. There has to be a short somewhere. Take it in to have it looked at if you don't have any electrical wiring and troubleshooting experience. For the clicking noise... Do you have an automatic? Mine does this too - it always does it in park, and once in a while it will click all the time when I am braking. It is just a single click when you put your foot on the pedal, and another single click when you take it off. I took mine apart to see if I could fix it. What is causing this on my car is the locking mechanism that stops you from shifting out of park unless your foot is on the brake. When you press the brake the lock disengages and makes the click noise when it snaps into place. When you let off the brake it will click again when it goes back to the original position. I did this while looking at the switch with my dash apart, and there doesn't seem to be any harm in it. It is just noisy! And since it only happens to me when I am shifting from park - I'm not too worried about it. I would get kinda annoying if it happened all the time though! Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.