New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my new daily! It's a 2002 C2 with 107K miles on it, figured I'd join and see what this is about
Aside from somewhat crappy gas mileage I've been enjoying it a lot so far!
(and yes that is indeed a badly ziptied on Toyota badge....)
Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
25,006 Posts
Crappy gas mileage? Must have an automatic transmission.

Looks good tho

·
Registered
363 Posts
Yeah it has the automatic and according to the dash I'm getting like 18-19 MPG which has been a huge downgrade from my old daily getting 27-28 lol
Welcome,

Yeah, do you do long or short trips.

My 2000 Manual V6 is getting 24-25 and I drive 25 miles one way to work. But I also enjoy my exhaust sound it makes. My car isn’t stock. I only drive mine when it’s nice out as I have too much into it.

You may look into a tune up if you haven’t done one yet. Also could be a bad O2 sensor causing it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,349 Posts
Yeah, ATX will get worse city / short trip mileage than the MTX, but should be comparable or better on the highway when you can get into O/D and lock up the torque converter due to the different final gear ratio.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Chicago and get abysmal city MPG, like 15-17 with my automatic. But when I get on the highway it's around 30. Last full tank that was 99% highway miles I got 33 MPG. Luckily Chicago has great public transit so I try not to drive too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts