New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Welcome Danny and Chelsea!!! I hope you guys can make it to the meet! If so we might be able to meet up :)

-Ryan

D

·
0 Posts
Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome. Her car is the grocery getter so we won't be going crazy with mods like some of you, however I am about to get a new intake and possibly gut the precats. I saw the Contour air intake for like 100 bucks which isn't bad, I had planned on getting the K&N FIPK but there shouldn't be much difference except air temperature and I doubt she would notice a 10 degree change in air temp. What is everybody running for intakes? And what about gutting the precats, I don't even know how you do that except stick a clothes hanger in there and pull the stuffing out or something, I just completely removed the cat on my Dodge so gutting them is new to me.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have the KKM Intake, its nice (better than stock)..

On gutting the pre-cats, use the handle of a 5 gallon bucket, cut it in half, and use and industrial drill... Took me about 4hours, cost was around $6... Noticable power difference too!

Dont gut the main cat, just the pre-cats... I think there is a very nice how-to on MC-NECOs site... Dont hold me to it though!

D

·
0 Posts
Cool, so pretty much you are just wanting to remove all of the stuffing, right? Did you take the cats completely off the vehicle or did you just undo a clamp and go to town on them?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: djgaston
Thanks guys, I appreciate the welcome. Her car is the grocery getter so we won't be going crazy with mods like some of you, however I am about to get a new intake and possibly gut the precats. I saw the Contour air intake for like 100 bucks which isn't bad, I had planned on getting the K&N FIPK but there shouldn't be much difference except air temperature and I doubt she would notice a 10 degree change in air temp. What is everybody running for intakes? And what about gutting the precats, I don't even know how you do that except stick a clothes hanger in there and pull the stuffing out or something, I just completely removed the cat on my Dodge so gutting them is new to me.
She has more mods than me!!!

/emo

·
Registered
787 Posts
Originally posted by: djgaston
Cool, so pretty much you are just wanting to remove all of the stuffing, right? Did you take the cats completely off the vehicle or did you just undo a clamp and go to town on them?
Well on the back one you leave it on the car and go-to town on it(tearing it up), the front one is easy to remove, and removal is needed to molest its catalyst...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts