New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heat soak right? thats what its called when u wax your car and it leaves these nasty lines in it, like darker paint was spilled on it? I got a mad amount on my hood - it wont come off with water, or soap... any idea what i should do?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Heat soak is when the heat from your engine compartment effects the performance of your car by heating the air that is going into your intake. Not a good thing. For your problem... What kind of wax are you using? I have never had something like this happen. Try using a polish to get it off. Hopefully that will help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If all else fails you can use a little bit of dawn soap only on the point where the streaks are. This will strip all of your wax off so make sure that you polish and then re-apply with a minimal amount of wax. You should not gob it on just a light amount and only let dry to a light haze. The wax should not be sticky and make sure that you turn the cloth as soon as it starts to stick to the hood. What color is your paint and what kind of wax are you using? PM me if you have any other problems and I might share a couple secrets with you, LOL.

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
I've had this happen to me too.
I wouldn't try a polish right away, even though that is a solution.
When this has happened to me I tried a quick detailer, like Meguire's Quick Detailer.
Then I used Meguire's Quick wax.... the streaks went away.
If you use this method, please let me know how it works for you. Good Luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts