New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a headunit with red display?????

My friend wants to know???

Thank Alot

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
sony comes to mind.... and i'm sure if you go to your local stereo shop you'll find a bunch more

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
that's kinda funny I have this old school Pioneer Premeir deck that has interchangable bulbs ....since I've owned it it went from stock amber to blue (for my '93 Probe) and then green in the cougar....it was designed so you could match the color to the dash illumination in any car

these days it seems the more blinking multicolored arrays the better so it is unlikely you'll find something that is red only ....I work at at Ultimate Electronics ....I'm not sure if we still sell the Rockford Fosgate decks but I do recall they were VERY red ....

·
Registered
441 Posts
My Alpine changes colour from green and red displays. I usually have green in the day and red at night to match my guages. Its the Alpine 7894. I took some picts for you.. (edit)the red is more red it just looks a little orangey in the picts.
And... from my experience.. you do not want to buy a sony.. they sound like crap. Any of the Alpine decks have far better clarity and dynamic range then other decks... Well, for mid range prices that is.... I bough my deck for bout 600 cdn last year but its alot cheaper now. Best advice is to look up major brands like Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, Eclipse and look at the design of the deck cause apparently thats what you are looking for. Take a note of the model #s you like then go down to your stereo shop and check them out. But personally I'm an Alpine fan. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
This is my kenwood exceleon headunit, the buttons you can change from all red to red and green, and it totally matches the cougars tach and speedo

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you want a display that is 100% RED ...I would look at the Panasonic CQHR1003U ...it goes for $299 ...I tried it in the store and it has many colors ....the "fire" mode is 100% red ...not multi-tone illumination ..

Panasonic makes a few other models with this feature

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
most of the higher end clarion decks have like 700 colours you can chose for your display colour..

·
Registered
107 Posts
Quick side note. Did you guys read the article on the new mustang in motor trend? It says that you will be able to choose from a preset colors or make a custom color for your dash lights. I believe they said it would be kinda like changing the wallpaper on a computer.

That sounds freakin awesome!!!!!

You'd be able to match custom paint jobs and headunits.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If your friend hasnt found a deck yet check out the Alpine CDA-9833 Its new for 04. Yes like I said.. i'm an ALPINE FAN...HITS CLEAN AND HARD and DISTORTION FREE!

This extremely powerful head unit is also extremely sophisticated. It features Alpine's unrivaled Bass Engine Pro sound personalization functions, including 6-channel digital time correction and a 5-band parametric EQ. You can even download sound settings using Alpine's i-Personalize website. With the ability to customize up to eight amplifiers, select from 512 illumination colors, and much more, this is simply an amazing head unit.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
my headunit has a red display. its a Pioneer DEH-34. kinda an older model, but i got it off ebay for $100, and i love it. suits me perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts