New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone... I am new here and I am really trying to find an answer to my problem with my 00 cougar. The Headlights and the Dashlights are flickering... has anyone ever seen this problem before?? Any help would be great... Thanks in advance...

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
Welcome to the world of the Mercury Cougar.

They all do that.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
GEESH Bennett I didn't do anything ugly. I only pointed to the answer to his question.
No...OMG N00b use the (censored) SEARCH button!!!!!
No flame...nothing ugly...just a nice simple link to the answer.
Mr Grouchypants aren't we...chill

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,977 Posts
Originally posted by: Y2Kat
GEESH Bennett I didn't do anything ugly. I only pointed to the answer to his question.
No...OMG N00b use the (censored) SEARCH button!!!!!
No flame...nothing ugly...just a nice simple link to the answer.
Mr Grouchypants aren't we...chill
:confused: No... not really...

Wow... what did I say? :confused:

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Think Bennett meant that all (well alot) of COUGARS end up with Alternator problems / voltage flux...... not that all of us are a$$ hats :)

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sorry bennet...I mistook your post...guess I was being the grouch....my bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had this problem, there was a checklist of things we did. Lights were checked for wiring, then replaced the alternator, and then what finally FIXED this problem for me was putting in a fuse that wasn't originally installed in my car. I have a 99 Cougar. I don't have the exact name of the fuse but check and make sure there are fuses in 4, 7 and 8 in the fuse box. Try this -- maybe this might help someone else actually get the name of the fuse for you :) Good luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.