New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my cougar the first thing I did was buy new headlight bulbs and foglight bulbs. The foglight bulbs are pilot H3 from autozone. They like to burn out alot. I put APC headlight bulbs on my car and the right bulb burnt out. So I went to a stereo shop and bought some streetglow headlights. They look very nice. But the right headlight bulb burnt out tonight again after a month of use. I made sure I didn't touch the bulb and I cleaned the bulb before I put it on my car. Would my wiring be f'k up or just crappy brands. It is the low beam. This can get expensive. Any suggestions?:confused:

·
Registered
902 Posts
I was under the impression that you aren't supposed to touch the bulb... but i have no idea

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i had the same problems for about a month or so too...once a week i would burnout bulbs and have to replace them serious pain the ass taking out that assembly too...anyway i talked to the guys at performance improvments and he said that most of the eurovision and fusion bulbs and stuff like that are made very cheaply and are mass produced so the quality control isnt that great...the xenon are hit and miss too with longevitymy last set went a year and a bit though...i dont know about the sylvanias but i know that PIAA has good bulbs with year long warrenty...hope thta helped...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i have one apc bulb in my driver side and a stock bulb in the passenger....the passenger is actually brigher then the apc i find it funny...cheap company

·
Registered
169 Posts
How do i change the bulbs i cant find ne thing about it i been searchin for 30 min? i wana change my low beams

·
8,550 Posts
Check your owners manual. Basically, you have to take out the grill, then take the headlights off as a unit. Then you can open the back of the headlight and swap bulbs.

--RJ

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Originally posted by: ForeverDreamin
How do i change the bulbs i cant find ne thing about it i been searchin for 30 min? i wana change my low beams

1. Open hood.
2. Remove grille (two bolts)
3. Remove headlight (three bolts - the far bottom bolt -- DO NOT remove it all the way, or it's a PITA to get back in!
4. Pop harnesses off
5. Replace bulb.

(Installation is reverse of Removal)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts