New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I wanted til polish my headlights.. as I studied them I noticed some sort of coating on them. is this original or has the previous owner clearcoated them?
BR René

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
unfortunately that image you included won't load. if you have another image i'd be happy to help. otherwise, you can check the link in my Sig, I have stock headlights with no modifications to them whatsoever. two or three of those pictures are with the old, faded headlights, the rest are once I threw in cleaner ones.

all the best! :)

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
The factory headlights do indeed have a UV coating on them, which can flake away after years of abuse. It's also very possible that a previous owner added his own clear-coat as well. Headlights are tough to keep glossy once they start to go; they look great when you put a polish on them, but it doesn't last long, and just needs to be re-treated after a couple of weeks. I have tried several different products, and have not found a good sealant that will last. I just re-polish them every time I wash the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the picture, l have uploaded it to my gallery here on this site I hope you can see it now? Previous i had great luck using turtle wax headlight lens restore on my Chrysler, but on the Cougar nothing happens.. I guess it is a clearcoat. New (used) headlights on the list of future investments I think..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts