New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I bought my car used, and it didn't come with a manual its on its way......but I now have my driver side low beam pass side high beam and pass side for light out. I'm not really worried about the fog light, but I need to replace the head lights. I can't seem to get them out and I really don't want to break the assembly....so any advice on how to get to the bulbs would be helpful and info on the fog lights would be great

·
PLATINUM M0DERAT0R
4,995 Posts
Well all you really need is a flathead screwdriver for the headlights and a phillps screwdriver for your fog lights...
Unscrew the grill between the headlights (2 screws) remove that, then theres 3 screws per headlight, just unscrew them and pop your headlights out, disconnect the wires... there should be a metal clip, unclip it from the housing and the bulbs are in there. Replacement is easy, just find out the part # at a auto store and take out the old one for the new one.
The fog lights are a lot easyer, the plastic part covering the screw just pops out (looks like the grill but w/o the holes in the plastic honeycomb) unscrew the screw and pull it out, unclip the wire. There should be like an electric tape thing just pull off one of the ends and the rubber should come off the fog light housing and just replace that bulb with the replacement bulb.

Have fun :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts