New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a set of MSDS headers ... will this be a bolt-on with the stock exhaust... ?? the 4th gear is very slow I need some high rpm juice!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
yes it will bolt up to the stock exhaust.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
MSDS - It's the Choice of a New Generation :thumbsup:

Yup- Everything fits up- Make sure you tell Marty what type of exhaust you have- A 3-bolt (ALL ATXs, MTXs after 5/99? Most common) or a 2-bolt ('99 MTXs before 5/99?). Just get up under the car and take a look at where the Y-pipe meets the cat to find out what you've got if you're not sure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i want to do a whole engine swap, to goto the stock 24v v6, to the svt version. now oif i buy headers, and a whole exhasut pretty much can i take it off the stock enginem and put it oin the svt engine. it a mtx 1999, lmk what you think.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Headers for our car will fit on the non-SVT 2.5, the SVT 2.5, and all 3Ls. The ports and bolt patterns are all identical.

Totally off-topic, instead of an SVT engine (200hp/165tq), why not get a 3L (200/200), which will respond to much better mods? 3L with SVT cams (Port matched) will yield 240-250/210-220.

There's no replacement for displacement...

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
As much as you're gonna spend on an SVT engine, do a 3L swap, like DanG said. Much more power, and a lot higher potential as well.

SVT, just say no, 3.0 is the way to go! (Sorry, dumb rhyme I just made up).

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
Originally posted by: 05fordgt
ok so should not get the svt engine, i dont wanna suck up gas, and i like the 2.5l, so your saying the headers will fit both engines, and how much will i be for the svt engine.
Check www.car-parts.com for engines and call around for pricing on a SVT Engine. You have been told this already in the thread you made, do some research.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.