New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the all Fosgate system is taking shape, which includes a Fosgate head unit (MP3), 451S amp (450w x 1), 12" HX2 sub (in a sealed Q-Logic box), and even Fosgate wiring. I actually installed everything myself, which is quite amazing! I've never installed any audio in my life, so when I hooked it all up and turned it on and it worked I was shocked...!!! Not really shocked like electrocuted, just shocked that I made it work the first time! Now all I got left to do is wire cleanup. I'll post pics tomorrow... Oh yeah, thanks to all for thier advice and help! :biggrin:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... It was late when I finished. Will post pics when I get home... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here we go. Nothing special... I still have the amp to mount and have to clean up the wires, but it's all good and thumpin'....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kewl, I'll try it out tomorrow....

·
Registered
91 Posts
John,

I'll mount your amp on your box if you want me to! give me a call on saturday, i'll help ya get it cleaned up a little bit. im me for my number if you don't have it.

-Chris

G

·
Originally posted by: CrAzYbEeRgUy
point that damn sub backwards, it'll be louder

It will sound the same as the way he has it. The idea of pointing the subs backwards is to get the sound to reflect off of a surface, thus making a tighter, punchier, sound if you will. Since he has it pointed up, it will reflect off of the hatch. So it won't make any difference.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I switched it this morning...
It could just be my imagination, but it seemed like it was louder (bassier) when I had it pointed up... :shrug:
Either way, I'm liking it. It's been a while since I've had a sub in my car.

G

·
It will be louder if it is pointed up. When you face it to the rear the sound has to travel through the seats. If you were to fold
the seats down, the volume will come back. But who really wants to ride around with thier backseats folded down?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts