New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the last saturday of the month of october.most of you guys will want to be at new england dragway for the last sportcompact day of the year.reason being is somebody will be at the track with a very fast cougar.and i'm not talking about a 13.8 either .i'm talking alot faster then that.just something i heard .maybe a rumer maybe not.only one way to find out.you guys probably never seen a combination like this one.cogarboi call me

·
Registered
504 Posts
i have been wanting to goto NED but cant get any of my friends to go. maybe ill go then.

Its in epping New hampshire about hr and 45 mins away from me

·
Registered
568 Posts
I should be there, hopefully the wether will be nice not like last year.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i may be able to go i'll see what i have planned if my girlfriend is going to a birthday party i'll go for sure. is there a set time everyone is going? if i go i'll keep a look out for other cougars.

C

·
0 Posts
Looks like I am going to be able to make a run over for the day...
should be an interesting "first event" kinda thing.

C

·
0 Posts
Just curious if folks are still planning on going over (up, sidewise, down etc)
for this event?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I'd like to go, i aint got no job or obligations.

...speak of job whats the cost??

I want to tear all non-essentials outta my car, trash-sub-amps-cap-rear seats/seat backs-headrests, and wheel center caps even. I should have my voltage regulator problem and new alternator belt worked out this week.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'm not sure if I can make it or not.....I'm supposed to work, but may be able to take a vacation day -- I'll have to see what I can work out.
Here's info from their website, along with a link below.

Gates open at: 8 am
Racing begins at: 9 am
Show car registration: until noon
Eliminations: 1 pm

Racer: $25
Show & Shine: $15
Spectator 16+: $10
Ages 11-15: $5
Ages 10 and under: Free

Directions:
FROM ME, EASTERN MA, EASTERN CT: Take ROUTE 95 to EXIT 2 in New Hampshire. Take ROUTE 101 WEST to EXIT 8. At the end of the ramp, take a right - New England Dragway is directly in front of you.

FROM CENTRAL and WESTERN MA: Take 495 NORTH to EXIT 51B. Take ROUTE 125 NORTH for approximately 18 miles to ROUTE 101 EAST, to EXIT 8. At the end of the ramp, take a left - New England Dragway is directly in front of you.

FROM NORTHERN and WESTERN NH: Take ROUTE 93 to ROUTE 101 EAST to EXIT 8. At the end of the ramp, take a left - New England Dragway is directly in front of you.

FROM CENTRAL CT: Take ROUTE 84 NORTH to MASS. PIKE EAST. Take ROUTE 495 NORTH to EXIT 51B. Take ROUTE 125 NORTH for approximately 18 miles. Take 101 EAST to EXIT 8. At the end of the ramp, take a left - New England Dragway is directly in front of you.

For more information, call New England Dragway at 603-679-8001.
Office hours are Monday-Friday 8am-5pm.

Import Wars @ New England Dragway

Chuck

·
Registered
568 Posts
So who is going to be at the dragway?

C

·
0 Posts
Well, the weather looks like it will cooperate, so I'm
almost certainly going to make it.

·
1,312 Posts
we won't be able to make it. i might have to work 8 hours saturday and then we have a party to go to that afternoon... :(

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Im optimistic. My warantee company went OUT OF BUSINESS (::grr::), which left me with remaining alternator problems. I just got 'In The Zone; Autozone' and picked up the Duralast replacment (lifetime warrantee) and will diagnose the **** out of my car tomorrow with my dad. if I remedy my charging issues, i'll swap in my plugs and probably head up to new hampshire friday night and crash at a cheap ass motel or something.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a fuel pump problem so I might be there just to see what everybody runs. I will try to fix it before sat but I doubt it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I changed my plugs to one step cooler Autolites APP103's and the car runs perfect again, most of the backfire is gone too. I'll should be pulling some good # this saturday.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well, it looks like I will be able to make it - I was able to get someone to atleast cover part of my shift at work....if someone doesn't come through to cover the rest of it, I'll have to leave about 4, but hopefully things will be wrapping up about then anyway. I know CougarBoi is going to run...what about the rest? If others are going to be showing, for the extra $5 I'll do mine as well, just to be able to be together and have the car closer than the parking lot (even though I know I won't win).

BTW - Jay, I'm not sure if you were interested in going or not and I know Felinore is belly up right now, but if you're interested in going, I could pick you up on the way.

Chuck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts