New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through SP Motorsportswebsite and I came across this listing for Euro-style taillights. The listing says that there are modifications necessary for the installation. I am wondering if anyone has installed these on their Cougar and if so what exactly was involved and do you have any pictures? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
some1 tried, a lot of mods, said they wuoldn't fit, with out a lot od changes, better just not to do it

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Yea, as far as I remember the only person who had problems installing any light was the member who tried to put '01 headlights in a '00 or '99.

The "euro" tail lights are just a swap, they fit right where the stock set is. But it looks dumb as hell, with the orange half circles it looks like a set of crossed eyes.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
would actually be pretty easy to do. i am not doing them b/c the day carbon altezzas come out i will place my order... the euro housings are exactly the same to install but the lights server different functions thus the input to the bulbs will need to be modified... any experienced 12v installer could do this in under an hour

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i've been WAITING for my taillights. just twiddling my thumbs.

i have a cool photochopped picture of what they'd look like on my cat with the vtechs. they aren't bad at all!

wiring shouldn't be a prob either. i'm not even worried. (as long as Ben is around. hehe.)

just waiting. *whistle* la te da....

G

·
I didn't think euros were an option for our cars because "there wasn't a market" for them. But if someone does make them could u tell me who adn where i could get them
thanks
Britt

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
I was actually planning this mod along with a few other things to back up my Ford Emblems on my car. Right now with a broken sunroof, alot of money just went bye bye... thank god I got my other tvs first

James

G

·
Im not talkin about the ones that were on teh pic of that silver coug that everyone was sayin it looked cross-eyed...i mean the ones with the chrome

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Those aren't Euros... for the last time!!! Argh. Pisses me off when I hear that. Those lights are called "Altezza" lights, "Japanese" lights, or "Really ricey, often copied" lights. No self-respecting European car would carry those. There have NEVER been any lights like that on a Euro car, and won't be (concepts excluded). I'm done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.