New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of a ton of people who have done 01-02 headlight conversion on their 99-00, but has anyone done the opposite? I have been thinking that I kinda like the looks of the older headlights better especially because they're already black and I have a black Coug. Just figured I ask if anyone has already done this, and if so, how did it go and can you post picks?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Interesting idea, but since you have to cut out some metal to fit the 01-02 headlights in the 99-00, wouldn't there be a slight gap if you put 99-00 headlights in a 01-02?

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Don't quote me, but I don't think it's the sae as converting from 99-01's. Because the bracket for the 01/02's is bigger or somthing.

I think one member did it though.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I did it, it was covered in the A/E section a few months ago. You need to do some simple wiring changes, as one of the harness don't reach, from what I can remember. I ended up putting my stock lights back in. The mounting point for one of the three mounting tabs are also a little bit offset, but I installed it with the two outside tabs and it was solid enough for temporary installation.

S

·
0 Posts
if you decide you want to do this mod i would be intrested in tading my 99-00 for your 01-02's

·
Registered
660 Posts
Me and crazybeerguy are doing it this week. I have the 02's and he is sending me his 99-00's. I will let you know how easy the swap is on Wednesday when they get here.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, that'll be great.:thumbsup: definitely let me and everyone know how the swap goes and if any modifications are needed.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
The only modification needed is when you have a 01/02 car... you have to put a piece of weatherstrip underneath the headlight otherwise there will be a big gap...

·
Registered
254 Posts
unless you have your heart set on the 99-00's, I think you should just paint your 01-02's black, it looks much cleaner in my opinion, plus it will be a lot cheaper unless you plan to trade someone for theirs.... just look at gmk, nascarsigep, and keliente's cars, they all look very clean...

Jess

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I thought Crispy had two sets of lights for different looks in shows :shrug: I may be wrong though

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
I thought Crispy had two sets of lights for different looks in shows I may be wrong though
Crispy has 3 or 4 sets of lights, I think. ;) I've been trying to get her to sell me a set for ages.

E1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts