New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
I blame Alonso for that one. I hope he's gone next year.

If it wasn't for the Mechanical problems Hamilton would of won it regardless.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I agree that Alonso's attitude doesn't put him high in the ranks of many fans, but he's still a good racer and I don't blame him for Hamilton's defeat. Hamilton was going for too much, far too early in the race. All he needed was a 5th place to secure the championship but greed, inexperience and maybe some nervousness took over him. He checked up on Kimi in that first corner and he lost momentum, which gave Alonso the perfect opportunity to pass. You cannot blame him for overtaking because Alonso has a shot at this championship as well.

The way I see it, Hamilton did it to himself. Congrats to Kimi, he did great the last half of the season.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Yeah I know what you are saying, Hamilton should of won it in China. But see how Massa supported Kimi, that's what Alonso should of done for Hamilton but he's a sore loser. He's a very good driver he just needs to be on a team were he doesn't have any competition.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Sore loser? they were both in contention for the title. both had the same amount of wins. Hmmm...doesn't sound like a sore loser to me. I agree that Alonzo isn't happy go lucky like Hamilton, but that doesn't make him a sore loser either.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
Sore loser? they were both in contention for the title. both had the same amount of wins. Hmmm...doesn't sound like a sore loser to me. I agree that Alonzo isn't happy go lucky like Hamilton, but that doesn't make him a sore loser either.
He's been whining and bytching all season. He was the same way with Fisichella when he was with Renault, everytime he loses he blames it on Favoritism. He's a very good driver, I just think he belongs with a teammate that won't outshine him.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I heard there was some kind of penalty issued to Kimi and it is being appealed now. The result would give Hamilton the championship. Anyone know anything about this?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I heard there was some kind of penalty issued to Kimi and it is being appealed now. The result would give Hamilton the championship. Anyone know anything about this?
No, Kimi didnt do anything. Here is the article about what your thinking of from Formula1.com

The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race.

Under Formula One racing’s technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after deliberating for several hours stewards decided the evidence was insufficient to justify sanctions.

However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title.

·
Premium Member
21,035 Posts
No, Kimi didnt do anything. Here is the article about what your thinking of from Formula1.com

The BMW Sauber and Williams teams have escaped penalty after being investigated by Brazilian Grand Prix stewards over fuel irregularities on their cars at the end of Sunday’s Interlagos race.

Under Formula One racing’s technical regulations fuel temperatures are not allowed to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below ambient air temperature at any time. According to FIA data, Williams and BMW Sauber exceeded this range during the race, but after deliberating for several hours stewards decided the evidence was insufficient to justify sanctions.

However, McLaren are expected to appeal the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship.

Nico Rosberg finished fourth for Williams, with Robert Kubica and Nick Heidfeld fifth and sixth respectively for BMW Sauber. If they were to be disqualified, Lewis Hamilton would move up to from seventh to fourth, giving him enough points to beat Kimi Raikkonen to the title.
That would be so sweet! :tongue:

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks MercCoug99, I just heard the tail end of the conversation on Wind Tunnel. I just assumed because there was an appeal that somehow Kimi was being penalized. Your explanation clears that up, now I feel informed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts