New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it happened. I was the target of some vandals last nite on Halloween. Had my car parked at a local park, going for a walk with this chick. Came back to notice my car was EFFED! The whole entire car was keyed, they walked up the hood, over the roof, stomed the roof in very good, I can barely sit upright in the car anymore, down the back, smashed up my wing, kicked in my fenders. Took it into a body shop today, $7500 damage! Needs a full new paint job, new hood, fenders, and wing. I've decided to take a different approach to the car this time though. Not going to have the yellow graphics or the wing anymore. I'm going to keep the car red, but away from lazer red. I want something much brighter! Was going to paint it a blue, but would cost me too much to do the door jambs and trunk and what-not. I'm pissed off about the vandalism, but on the bright side, I get new paint, hopefully some aftermarket parts, and I get to rat-bag the courtesy car that I got, a 2003 Seibring! What a boat!!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Dude...that sucks!
I hate vandals. I've got a little kid around here that just loves messing with me. They haven't done anything costly yet, just stupid crap like laying a clump of grass and dirt on my trunk or whatever. But i'm bound to catch the little ***** and slap them silly.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully I do catch who did it. It will definatly be a cold day in hell for that dude. Like really...who wants to mess with 6'7" and 320lbs of boxer? I wouldn't! But someone obviously does! Anyone also have any suggestions for a pearl that I could add to my red paint?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
6'7"!? How do you fit in the cougar? haha . . . all of my friends are around 6 foot and complain about how small my car is. But yeah i hope you catch those SOB's who f'd your car up.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Not to draw this thread completely off topic, but I'm 6'6" and have no problem with the headroom in my cougar... even with the sunroof. It's MUCH better then some other small cars.

As for the vandalism, do you think it was just some random drunk idiots or people you knew who did it on purpose?

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Holy crap that totally sucks!

I would say that you could totally use this opportunity to pimp out the cougar big time. Full body kit, cf hood, fenders, hell you could even do a WBK if you wanted.

XR red is pretty bright! BTW doing the door jams isnt that much more at all! If your ANYWHERE close to South Carolina hit me up and I can get you the hook up on body work and paint.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
wow and to think I was upset when somebody threw a hardboiled egg at my headlights and scratched some paint off the headlight cover...

Mike

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
insurance will give ya a check....and with that check....body kit....z3 fenders....hood....wing...and you're rollin in even more style than before...

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
that really really sucks. but i would personally thank the people who did it once i saw my car after it got out of the shop and it all pimped and stuff.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: JAMallott
that really really sucks. but i would personally thank the people who did it once i saw my car after it got out of the shop and it all pimped and stuff.
Shake their hand then punch them in the face.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
hahahaha

thats the way to go.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Pics???? Oh please have pics

I would have gotten so pissed off that my head would have exploded, but then after I would realize that I could get all aftermarket replacement parts, I would just :smoke-g:

G

·
hahahahahahaha

guys vandalism is a part of life, at least noone was injured and now hes gonna be getting a fat check... if you need any help spending the money u can give me some, i promise to use it for my car =]

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Originally posted by: Pyro81
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So true. Then break their heads open with your keyed fender. :mad: :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
This is why I hide my car & stay in, or take a friends less conspicuous car.
I hear that.
PG very sorry to hear that this happened to you man.
Good luck and hopefully your car will gain some cool new parts from this.

If I caught people doing this I would kidnap them and torture em for days
but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Originally Posted By JScullin: $7,500 in damage may as well be a totalled car as our cars don't fetch much more past $10k.

This is why I hide my car & stay in, or take a friends less conspicuous car.

werd.

Around here people have respect for others cars. It's unfortunate that some immature a-holes don't realize what it's like to own your own vehicle that you work hard for. Thats unfortunate and I am sorry. If anyone ever did anything to my car, I would hunt them down and make their face look like what they did to my vehicle. You don't screw with a man's vehicle.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, just got off the phone with the body shop. The estimate is around the $10,000 mark right now. And, for some f'd up reason, they're not wanting to write off the car. So, all that's gonna happen, is they're going to fix my car, back to OEM spec and send me on my way. I'm going to get a cash payout for my graphics that aren't going back on, and a payout for my wing that I don't want replaced. Does anyone have a receipt for a wing that they could send me a copy of, since I got mine off Ebay and don't have a receipt for? So, the fenders are going to be fixed, no Z3's, the hood will be fixed, no CF, and the roof has to be taken off, repaired, and put back on, then a full paint job. I've decided to keep it Lazer Red, just so the door jambs and stuff don't look all ****ty. Stupid drunk vandals. Someone's gonna be hurting, that's all I can really say about that!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts