New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I won't be selling my cougar after all...the only thing that it needs now is the correct chip, and she will be running golden...I've just spend the past 2 weeks helping my mechanic friend (he's learned alot from this experience, lol) get my car running good again, and I just took it down Friday and had it inspected....AND IT PASSED!!!!!!! I now believe what everyone on here said about trans. chatter with the clutch I have, it still makes a little noise, but no where NEAR as bad as my last trans. basically the old trans was unsalvagable. the guy who installed my engine (and started me on this whole mess) didn't put trans fluid in, and I drove it about 200 miles, so the damage was done. but everything is running golden now, accept that when in idle, it gets too much gas, and when in gear, it doesn't get enough...which the fuel trim will be fixed with the chip when ever I can get my read-outs printed and emailed to Keith over at ADC....I'm so excited!

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
WOOT!!

I am glad to hear it! Sorry I couldnt make it down to help...my cougar is torn apart right now getting ready for Nopi Nationals. (and i need to replace the coil pack :mad: )

So which engine do you have in your cougar right now??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.