New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Evan...and I...I drive domestics {crowd "hi Evan"}

Ok so I guess it's not that bad of a thing...
Well, I had a '99 Cavalier Z24 (nothing to brag about) that was just totaled (not my fault). I found the cougar with 60,000 miles on it for a pretty good price- I got the extended warranty, after all it is a domestic. I'm not sure if I'm going to mod this one too much, maybe a few bolt ons and some exterior mods....nothing that involves double stick tape..or hp adding stickers..lol

So far I already have a problem with my fuel pump..stupid "k" pumps-the cars going back monday. And now the engine light is going on....also I'm getting a squealing from the brakes....I took all of them apart today at work (the pads and rotors are new) and couldn't find anything wrong, applied some brake quite to the back of the pads, but still have the noise...ooh well I'll let carmax deal with it

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
welcome to neco:wave:

good luck with that fuel pump change

·
Rockin' Mom-mobile
8,010 Posts
Have them check your gas tank while they are at it. It seems those who have a lot of problems with the fuel pump and junk in the tank.

Welcome :wave:

T

·
0 Posts
Welcome.

About the brakes making noise, it’s not terribly uncommon for mechanics to forget to install the shims that most brakes / pads require. These shims will help reduce if not eliminate your squeaking.

CarMax is pretty good with their warrantee service (knock on wood). I had my Explorer there for a crankcase seal leak at about 35k and again for a clutch issue at about 45k. It’s there now with a couple of issues (clutch again) that I wanted to get resolved before the warrantee runs out next month ;)

Anyway, welcome and good luck with your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts