New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Im thinking of re doing my headliner, front and rear panles in grey gucci
I would attemp the seats but that seems a little tough. I dont want to have to deal with getting the material stiched together.
Can I take the seat to an upolster if i have tha material?
How much would need for the seats and what might i expect to pay to have then re done??

cool idea huh

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
there is a guy locally that does alot of re-upholstering for old hot-rods(been featured a few times for his work) he charges around 100-150 per seat plus materials, to know how much leather you'd need, you'll definately have to speak to the person doing the job

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Originally posted by: pythagoras
hi Im thinking of re doing my headliner, front and rear panles in grey gucci
I would attemp the seats but that seems a little tough. I dont want to have to deal with getting the material stiched together.
Can I take the seat to an upolster if i have tha material?
How much would need for the seats and what might i expect to pay to have then re done??

cool idea huh
Strange I stumbled across this posting.......I wasn't aware the internet was around in 1989.

·
Registered
954 Posts
That's a hollywood thing. Since you are spending the money you might as well get a Dolce Gabanna headliner with Prada floormats, Louis Vuitton seats and Versace door inserts. That's be straight pimpin. Then you can go on MTV too. :bowdown:

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think Wyclef Jean had that on his lambourghini or was it DA' Brat? :shrug:

Whatever you think is cool man.
I personally don't wear labels.
anti-establishment

I say do something similar to InforedCougar and do something completely
off the hook. He did a whole tribal look in his coug and looks f'in sweet.

I remember Crispy doing a Cougar head on the moonroof too, I don't know if she still has it.

Do something that you enjoy.

When I think of Gucci, I think of an old woman with too much $$$ and not enough sense.
But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
locally were cause im in california
not sure whats local for you, But if its close I'll give that guy a call to see if he will redo
the seats at least. Every thing else I can tackel on my own.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Where ya at in Cali? I've got all kinds of distributors out that way, and they know all the places to get your interior redone. (I took one of my trucks to Cali to redo the interior, but that was 7 1/2 - 8 yrs ago.) Basically, the Gucci interior fad is fading, its getting old now. New styles are people getting custom printed/dyed fabric and then using that in their car.

Uou still see it now and then (a lot LESS in the tuner market, since its more of a lux/low type thing). In fact, we put some 20's on a Caddy w/ a Gucci paintjob, and full Gucci interior the other day. Looks good, but why pay that much for fabric... Dunno.

E1

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by: EternalOne
Where ya at in Cali? I've got all kinds of distributors out that way, and they know all the places to get your interior redone. (I took one of my trucks to Cali to redo the interior, but that was 7 1/2 - 8 yrs ago.) Basically, the Gucci interior fad is fading, its getting old now. New styles are people getting custom printed/dyed fabric and then using that in their car.

Uou still see it now and then (a lot LESS in the tuner market, since its more of a lux/low type thing). In fact, we put some 20's on a Caddy w/ a Gucci paintjob, and full Gucci interior the other day. Looks good, but why pay that much for fabric... Dunno.

E1
Well I dont mind if the fad is fading its for me, hum mabe ill use louis vitton any way!
I live in the bay, San francisco to be exact. And I going to turn my ride in to sick tuner / pimpin ride.
So if you know a couple of real good spots that do excelent work let me know.

·
Registered
517 Posts
ive done about 10 cars now with gucci interior highlights. door inserts, dash inserts and seat inserts along with shift boots and ebrake boots.
its not the nices material in terms of being comfortable, but its a big fad thing right now. expect to pay between 20-30 per foot for the material. way overpriced if you ask me.
josh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.