New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my guages in, and I wasn't thinking... But I put the power and ground to the stereo wire... Well it works but my gauges are ON all the time... even when my car is off.. (i found if i put the switch bewteen blue and green they won't turn on). Anyway i just realized they are supposed to be tied into the LIGHTS switch ont he left... ANyone haeva picture diagram of how it's wire in for them already? Im not entirely sure of the colors behind the light switch..

ALso if i use the SLip on gauges that fit over the needles, do i need to calibrate the needles again???? ( i dont think so but want to make sure)

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just put in my new indiglos and wired them into the headlight switch. I used the red wire with blue stripe for power, and the black wire that goes to the lightbulb in the switch for a ground. It works perfect with the headlights.

Oh, and you shouldn't need to re-calibrate the needles if you dont take them off, unless you move them so much that they just spin all the way around on there own.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine are working, they uhhh :p get stuck at 60 for a second
But that's cuz i didn't secure it enough.. ill fix that later :-d.

Thanks for info on switch.. Also do they stay off utnil you turnt he switch on? Or do they stay on when th car is on?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
my *gauges* (not guages) used to make the needle get stuck up towards the top of them, around the 80 mark and i'd have to pound the top of the dash to get them to go back down, it eventually worked into place and have not had a problem since.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for info on switch.. Also do they stay off utnil you turnt he switch on? Or do they stay on when th car is on?[/quote]

The indiglo only comes on when the headlight switch is turned away from off, same as all other interior lighting.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heh.. im having htat problem rista at the 60 mark.. It seems ot be getting better :p

THanks again. Sorry for spelling errors and mistypes i only get on here in the morning and it's nto a good time for me lol.

G

·
You should do the following, either get some adhesive and glue it down, or <the better way> loosen the needle so it clears, the needle is rubbing an area of your guages that is not lying flat enough!

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
just a fyi: it took about 3 weeks for my needles to not get stuck anymore. i never did pull the dash back apart to fix it, so i know that it fixed itself, i'm assuming cause they heated up and flattened a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts