New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Newbie question here.

I recently purchased White Face Guages from Ebay. I received the guages and am dumbfounded as to how to install them.

But that's not my question.

My question is, if I put these overlays over my existing Guages, what will happen at night if I don't hook up any of the provided wires? Will it look stock at night?

Also, on the same note, the guages are blue & green. So if I laid the overlays over stock and replaced my stock dash light with a Red light, will the guages come out looking red... at least around the numbers?

Thanks for any info here!

·
Registered
429 Posts
No light (maybe 1%) will go through the guages. You will not be able to see them without hooking up the wires.

The warning lights, needles, and LCD screens will still show through as normal.

Take the time to hook them up...thats why you got them.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
When I installed mine, I tried to just lay the new guages over the stock ones. I had tons of problems with the needles rubbing and sticking in a few areas, and short of glueing them together I couldn't figure out a way to make it work. I ended up putting aftermarket guages in only, and took out the stock ones.

N

·
0 Posts
There is no need to remove the needles. Once you lay the overlays over the original gauges, just **VERY CAREFULLY** pull the needles UP. No gluing, taping, etc. This will allow more clearance area for the needles to move. Ive never once removed a needle to install gauges. However, I did one time on my friends car and his car now idles at 5k rpms :rofl:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Follow the how-to...many people have used them and have done it successfully (even me).

Hopefully you can get away from removing the needles (just pull them up alittle for extra space)...but if you can't, recalibration is not that hard. A friend is recommended. And you don't have to push the needles all the way down...you can leave them up alittle (most people do). When you recalibrate...just make sure nothing is rubbing the new guages...if it is...lift the needles alittle.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts