New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking to buy some of the GTS taillight and headlight covers but wanted to know if any of you guys have the headlight covers fitted.
The add states the headlight covers fit from year 1999-2002 but obviously the lights changed from the old model to the newer model so which do they fit with boobs or without ?
I dont want to spend a fortune importing to the UK to find they dont fit my 1999 model.
TIA

1999-2002 Mercury, Cougar, All, Headlight Cover, 2 Pc., Smoke | GT Styling

·
Premium Member
3,660 Posts
Couple thoughts on this...
First, I would not be surprised if you placed the order and then it got cancelled and refunded because they couldn't fill the order. If these things are still in production it would be shocking.
Second, You could ask someone on this side to receive them for you then forward them on if they are correct. That would save you the extra shipping charges if they are wrong.
If they are for the 01/02 headlights then selling them should be an easy matter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not very many of us ever ran the headlight covers anyway, not sure how well they sold when they were new
They are still available but costly to import and not sure on the legality of them being fitted but thanks.

·
Administrator
11,576 Posts
They are still available but costly to import and not sure on the legality of them being fitted but thanks.
Over here stuff like that is typically labeled for "off-road use only" meaning not on public streets. Doesn't stop anyone from doing it anyway, and even I ran the rear covers that functioned fine with LED lights (tho it minimizes the reflector strength). The tape that holds them on is a very strong 3M plastic velcro so they can be popped on/off pretty easily and repeatedly but hold on at highway speeds.

Your best bet is to email them and ask if they still stock and differentiate between the model years. Looks like your original link no longer works but you can still filter to our car on the site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts