New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best place in the trunk to run a ground wire for an amp, preferably near the back seat??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I grounded my amps to the seatbacks themselves. I scraped off the black paint until I had a good metal base, and then secured my ground to the seat back. Works very well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im sure those places work ok but the best place to ground is to the cars frame. find a screw in the frame, take it out, scrape away any paint, then ground there. its by far the best way to do it. if in the
chance that the bolt that holds the seat belt is in the frame of the car, i will accept all verbal abuse from everyone. lol. hope it helps.

·
Registered
512 Posts
There is a factory ground in the back of the trunk. Right behind the taillight assembly, on the driver side,behind the carpet area. Its a 10mm bolt, just loosen it and attach your wire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used a portion just under the carpet by the light. I drilled a self tapping screw and took a dremal and ground away any paint left there. Seems to be working great for me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.