New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a chance against Grand Prix GT with the 3.8 but not supercharged like the GTP ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes sir, race a newer Grand Prix SE but it had the 3800 on its front fender so i guess it had the 3.8, in a drag i pulled it by 1 car up 80 or so, on a roll pulled it pretty good too....

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
if that car's the same as a Monte Carlo SS, then by all means yes. I killed my friend's MC one time. those things are heavy and they only come in ATX, so even with 200hp, u should be able to beat him.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those things are slugs, you'd kill it...the GTP is a different story though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
race him but was close i beat him but 1/2 car lenght those are heavy but
sure got power under the hood

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Their engines do have a lot of torque, so they can pull off the line pretty good but the longer you race, the more you should beat him by.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My friend used to have an older GT and I would smoke him everytime. But he recentlly bought a 97-98? GTP, that's the supercharged one right? He claims like 240hp, is that right? All I know is that it is an auto, and we went for a ride the other day, no way i'm racin' him now. He beat my friend with a XR7 cougar with a manual and a good driver by about 3 car lengths, that thing is pissed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.