New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
two actually. part time at Valley Logistics as a lumper and part time at Hifi house doing odds and ends. mainting warehouse, training for home audio installs, and recieving chit. its ok but hifis giving me nearly 40 hours a week. so its crazy.

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
What the hell is a "lumper" ? I have no idea.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by: Upper90
What the hell is a "lumper" ? I have no idea.
Yea, i have no idea either :rofl:

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Lump´er
Noun 1. lumper - a laborer who loads and unloads vessels in a port
dock worker, dock-walloper, docker, dockhand, loader, longshoreman, stevedore
laborer, labourer, manual laborer, jack - someone who works with their hands; someone engaged in manual labor

2. lumper - a taxonomist who classifies organisms into large groups on the basis of major characteristics
systematist, taxonomer, taxonomist - a biologist who specializes in the classification of organisms into groups on the basis of their structure and origin and behavior divider, splitter - a taxonomist who classifies organisms into many groups on the basis of relatively minor characteristics

:wiggle:

G

·
Adam, no way? Hi Fi House?? When I worked there we had a saying about the revolving door for employees, and the names on one of those pads that you lift up the plastic and the writing disappears. I wouldn't even learn the new guys names because they wouldn't be there long enough. Small world.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by: Teflonworm
Lump´er
Noun 1. lumper - a laborer who loads and unloads vessels in a port
dock worker, dock-walloper, docker, dockhand, loader, longshoreman, stevedore
laborer, labourer, manual laborer, jack - someone who works with their hands; someone engaged in manual labor

2. lumper - a taxonomist who classifies organisms into large groups on the basis of major characteristics
systematist, taxonomer, taxonomist - a biologist who specializes in the classification of organisms into groups on the basis of their structure and origin and behavior divider, splitter - a taxonomist who classifies organisms into many groups on the basis of relatively minor characteristics

:wiggle:
definatly not the second choice. basically i unload 2 18 wheelers full of paper products weight ranging from 2lbs - 70lbs.

ed- yeah some of these guys are a little weird in here but i dont know. i really dont see my self staying there long esp. after i just worked a ten hour day my first day. i was scheduled 10-7 and it ended up being 10-9 with an hour lunch. we moved big screens all day. it wouldnt have been bad if they would have told me we were going to be outside most of the day. instead i was out in that snow and wind in an old navy sweat jacket and sneakers. today i will definatly where some long johns. im only available 4 days this week and as it looks im going to have two 10 hour days and then 2 8 hour days. im just happy that VLS is going to pay for school and that two jobs will get money in the bank as well as paying for the bills. i just hope i get some money so i can buy xmas presents. i still owe some people money too....

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
Way to go Adam! You lumper, you!
Hope everything works out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts