New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a call for an extimate over at the big roush building over on plymouth road. Jeeeeeezzzzzussss. They have SO many stangs there! There was a room just inside of the recieving area with a TON prolly 200 or so engines still in crate... one thing bothered me about them though... they were 60° vee engines... Now im not positive... but I thought our duratec was the only Ford engine in a 60° vee... well... I guess it didnt have to be ford... Hrmm... perhaps i saw the x-type blocks... I asked my contact there and he told me he couldnt say of course... I asked if i could peel back the plastic wrap on one to see what it was and he said no... so I asked if he would turn around for a minute or so and he said no too.... heheheh. I tried... I asked if they were doing anyting with the cougar for next year and he again said no. He wasnt very talkative... but he said no preaty good.

Hrmm.. pulled out my engine book. Looks like gm makes a 60deg vee for the lumina,malibu,grand xxx, century,monte,impala,uvans,alero,atztec... hrmm... I dunno I hope it wasnt that.

Ford makes a 60deg vee for ,cougar,LS,Stype,Ranger,taurus,sable,escape... hrm... they also use one in the explorer/mountaineer... DAMMIT... I doubt they would let roush goto town on those engines since they arnt even top of line for that model... the rest are duratecs and vulcans... and I cant believe they would play around with teh POS vulcan... hrm... oh well.. just some info for you guys.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
exigent this could only mean good things to us... if they were all 60 degree engines then duratec would be the ones they had... ford is really trying to push these duratec and zetec engines - they must really like the strenght of them and maybe they can finally push an engine like they did the 351windsor as being this awesome powerful and strong engine...

for some reason i feel that a 4.5L duratec v8 engine will find it's way to a stang near you....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.