New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, last night it was raining/snowing and it was slippery, and some guy wasnt watching the road and i was slowing down, and he didnt see me. so he hit me. it was only like 5 MPH, but that could still cause some dfamage. luckily, it didnt cause much. but the fricking jerk drove off! i couldnt get his license plate # because i didnt even notice he was driving off untill he was about 35 feet infront of me, and with the rain and snow, and it being dark, i couldnt read it. so i put on my hazards, and got out to see the damage. all that happened was it took some paint off the back pumper. and its not just a scratck, theres a chunk of paint gone about the size of a nickle, and then some scratches below it. and it gave me and my gf a little whiplash as well. i have been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week for the past few weeks, so they are going to take care of any damage to my neck just through routine adjustments which i was already getting, so i dont really need to worry about that. but im wondering if i should bother calling my insurance company and see if i can get coverage on maybe getting it repainted (and also getting some other parts of the car repainted that have some nice scratches and stuff on them as well ;) ). would this raise my insurance each month? do you think they would pay for it to get repainted? or do you all think it would be best just not to do anything about it? thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like that was scary as hell!!!!!

yeah, i talked to my mom a little about it, and she said that for our deductible, we would need to pay the first $250, then insurance would cover the rest. but she doesnt know if i should use the deductible for this.

and i was about to run him down, except the like i said, he had a head start. also, i have the slowest cougar in the world, and the traffic light ahead of me had turned red. i also had my gf in the car so i didnt want to risk hurting her....or me. so i dint chase him down.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, im not surprised that most accidents are at this time in the winter season. its understandable, but people still should watch the damn road. but yeah, good thing the roads wernt icy!

Originally posted by: OSUStallion
PS i am getten stupid drunk tonight!
congradulations!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.