New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cougar Otaku.
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well... went shopping on Craigslist last week and found this monster. Paid $650. It has a little over 140,000. The only problems I have found thus far are exhaust related and interior decor problem. I have a $6000 budget for it. Already purchaced a 4.5'' lift and 33'' tires on 15''. Tires are 10.5" wide. If you have a 4x4 and have some advice, let it flow. :biggrin: .........:evil:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
if u got the money, and plan on doing some real good off roading, i'd recommend some stout bumpers and a winch. just in case.

·
Cougar Otaku.
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already found someone who makes a good tubular bumper/bushguard for a decent price. The next items to buy will be Bushwacker fender flares i I can find them cheaper than $300-400 a set. I also need to find some decent rocker skids. I am trying to make it similar in style to the posted pics. I myself cannot wait until I can get it on the trails. :rofl:

Attachments

·
hey...whatever works.
624 Posts
good tow points are worth a million dollars if your stuck. make sure you have them!

·
Registered
419 Posts
That's a pretty good buy. Make sure to check for rust in the rocker panels especially. If it doesn't have any rust starting on the panels, then it's a rare buy haha.

As far as advice, just make sure you do everything right when your lifting the Jeep. And definitely make sure you have at least chains and some friends with big enough trucks to get you unstuck just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts