New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title reads, I finished the mods to my Cougar. The results are amazing!!

For a Recap, this is what I did this past weekend.

Yodude Dual Exhaust and Flomaster muffler
Weapon R air intake
JET Performance Chip
Bosch Platinum +4 Spark Plugs
Ford M.S. Yellow 9mm Ignition wires

I can't believe how much power it all has added. I have an ATX and when I hit the gas going 50-60 mph, it throws you back in the seat... and hard. It's a little better off the line, it shifts a lot cleaner, and even chirps tires when going into 2nd.

Anyway, I am very pleased with all the extras. There were 2 of us, and we did everything in just over 2 hours. The Exhaust is great, easy to put on, and sounds awesome.

Shon

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Glad to hear it. I should be getting my Yodude package in a few days... I cannot wait.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Missed this the first time... It chirps its tires into second gear? I've never seen an automatic car do that. Wow...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So your saying your tires actually lose traction from the power going into 2nd gear on your atx????????????????

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I wonder if his JET chip firmed up the shifts...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buddy's '97 Grand Am still chirps while entering second. I think our car would stock, too if it were about 1000 lbs lighter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was surprised too...

I ordered my JET chip from summit, and I asked what all it does when I was on the phone. They told me it will adjust fuel/air ratio, and shift points. A few other things, but I didn't really understand what he was telling me... anyway, it did make a difference!! But, guess you have to take into consideration, all the performance mods I installed at once... so, it's not just the JET chip.

Fett, you aren't lying about the headers... wish I had the $$$ to do it.

Shon

Anyway.. photos of my ride will be up on the IA NECO website shortly.. uploading now....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.