New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my mods from ups today. took a week to get from california. going to the craft shop and going to prepare to get dirty and pissed off. the original "tuner terrorist" strikes again.......

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok fronts are on but busted one of the pinch bolts on the struts. got a replacement but a little short. something todo in the morning. the rears looks kinda scary with the nut so close to the metal any tips. the headers look kinda hairy so we decided todo it on sat. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Did you get my email today?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Schweet!! post some pics when you get done. I hope you can figure the springs out so I can call you when I get mine!!! You still up for a swap this weekend Y2K?? Put my plastic eclipse fuel door on. Check it out in Cosmetics.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i didn't. i went to a alignment shop and he told me about the bolts that are underneath in the wheel well that hold the strut up. so sat it will be finished fingers crossed

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem FC...I'll know hopefully Thursday for sure when I'll be in the area. How do dyou feel about maybe meeting up at Rivergate?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I got to work this morning and the email I sent you bounced back. I think the exchange servers there are screwed up, or the nazis who admin them have entire domains blocked.
Anyway, I'm glad you got the info you needed

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
call me on my cell (931)801-7542 and let me know the info. Sat is the day the headers and rear coil overs go on. wish i could get them on earlier but its worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Good luck with the coil overs. I am going to changing my struts within the next few weeks. It's nothing that I look forward to either.

How do you feel about the quality of the headers? I have read mixed reviews. Some say that they are thin and easy to bend, but they are a good looking stainless steel. Let us know.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got my headers on today, but the tube from the rear header to the egr valve is to short barely, i think weapon r made the hole in the wrong place .

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
That sucks about the egr. Let me guess, you have a CEL and it sounds like a slight exhaust leak?

Fastcat2002-- I am liking that pic in your sig. Is that your plan for the car? Looks good.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got it fixed. cut the pipe and used exhaust rubber hose and 2 clamps to extend the egr tube and fixed the problem. if anyone in the area needs headers installed i got mine in in 6 hrs.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Glad to hear that you finally got them in. I have been thinking of getting headers in the past couple of weeks. What are your thoughts on the performance and quality of the CC headers? I haven't heard anything about performance, except that one guy had flunctuating rpm's. Does it sound meaner? Give us your thoughts.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright, been asked if is it a v8 or had a cam. sounds a lot louder and meaner. downshifts are loud. the hp is good but it is more in the tq gains. pulls a lot more on the low-mid range powerband. quality is very good, 99-00 have to mod the egr tube to get the proper fit. or just buy a screw on-cap for the header(no exhaust leak).

NEW FORD exhaust gaskets

here it is after the lowering

AEM intake

ground control coilovers

DTM tips and blacked out tails

dark well cleaned cooga looking good

1 - 19 of 19 Posts