New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears after my wreck, (messed up front end some) and car had been cranked about 3 times. Now when I put key in ignition it wont turn at all? any suggestions??

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Key Interlock Activator may be bad.... There is a relay in the fuse box that is simply a + and - that tells the car when I key is or isn't in the ignition... this wire may have shorted out, been cut or simply bad all together... it is a black and orange wire under the dash... It is attached to the bulk of wire coming up to the steering wheel...

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
That will stop the ignition from turning?

Could be the cylinder, I can't see any reason the key won't turn the ignition.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new question when getting car off of trailer, brake line got snagged and is now borken so no cluthc or brake.. Could this be affecting it at all?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bump, any other ideas?? Desperate... I just think its weird that it went out all of a sudden. Feels like it does when the steering wheel is locked and key wont turn unless you move the wheel a little bit, except It wont move at all now... Wondering if it had to do with clutch or brakes cuz of them sharing the same reservoir... maybe a safety feature?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts