New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I got in to a small accident the other day and the insurance told me to wait to get an appraisal but I got one anyways just to give me an idea. the appraisal I got was 1250$ and my buddy who's dad owns a body shop told me that they could fix it for no more than 600$. So I was just wondering how this is going to work. this is the first accident I've gotten into and I have no idea. will they just cut me a check or send it to the company who is fixing it?

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
Depends on your company. Some just cut you the check & send you on your way. Others want you to use certain shops & then need proof of repair at the end.

I'm a lucky one who just gets cut a check. I know cause some broad backed into my front bumper (When my car had a dead alt at my friends. Talk about getting kicked when your down). I got a check for $450 a week later. No damage, just scraped paint in a 6x6" area.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
depends on your insurance company......most just cut you a check...but i have also heard of the ins. company making the check out to the bodyshop and in one case that i know of the bodyshop AND the customer so both had to sign it to be paid.

call your agent they can tell you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts