New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you have heard of Ron's in Bristol CT.. Nicole went today to get a quote for me to paint the front end... to do the fenders, bumper, and roush fronts.. ~$700-750 (which includes blending it into the doors so the paint matches) to clear and paint some of the hood ~$150.

Now, this is a little more than some other places, but it has 2 advantages: 1) it's basically down the street from my parents house, and 2) he does excellent work.

What do you guys think?

I may just sell the hood and either stick the stock on for now (and get my visteon scoop painted and put on) or buy the Kam hood... now this will be a big difference in price no matter which way I go....

·
Some day
3,037 Posts
remember that you can get it done for 650 by my buddy and tim can atest for his work. and if you pay it all up front, he will stop working on my car and work on yours. but that 100 is worth the convenience of his location

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's the thing, Ron's is very close, 1 min from my parents, ~15min from here, whereas your guy is 1-1.5 hrs away.. lol. Driving there and back with 2 cars might also make me have to factor in fuel cost :tongue:

I also have seen Ron's work too, as Knibbs had his car done there (the blue one I mean).

+ the more work your guy gets, the less time he has for your car to finally get done, lol.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
jay i think ron did my kit, fenders, hood, mounted and painted for like 1500.00 i think .. so if your getting the whole front end done. it might not be too bad. alteast he is close, and he backs up his work. he repainted my hood for me cuz it has a few fisheyes. but overall its not bad. the only complaint i had was the amount of time he had the car .. i think he had if for like 3 months

·
Registered
247 Posts
i got a paint brush can i paint it? im sure i can get it better then some cougar i know hahahaha just had 2 say it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.