New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...Hello 2005 Subaru Outback XT. It is now official. I am trading the 2002 Cougar for a 05 5spd XT Outback. I didn't think that I would ever get rid of the car, but I suppose that the time has come. I needed something with more room for my drums, and I needed more power. Hopefully the 250hp/250ftlbs/tq will be enough. I will still hang around the boards, I love the community here. I will still come to meets if I am invited. I will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Dude Subarus suck.... No one should ever buy one, and anyone that owns one should be shot...

That being said...I love my STi, and wouldn't trade it for the world. Having driven the other speedy cars available for more or less $$$, I loved the STi best of all. Very happy I got one.

My Bro recently bought a 2005 Legact GT ltd 5spd...very hot car also...

Best time I've seen in the Legacy was a 13.9...on the average though I see more 14.2's floating around. Not sure of the weight on the Outback as compared to the normal Legacy Sedan...Still a fun car to drive.

You gonna keep it stock or mod it??

I promised myself and everyone I'd keep it stock...and I've been good so far. She's still 100% stock, except for a few grand in random upgrades ;)

I can't keep anything stock...I suck.

Good luck with the car...if you need a hand with it, I just may help. Also I can recommend a good shop if ya need one... Talk soon...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that I am going to keep it stock, but if there was something that I could add that I could take off easily for dealer visits to increase HP I would be interested in that...so far I added the STI short throw shifter. I might do a small stereo upgrade, but that is about it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
sorry to here that you got rid of the cougar, rick :( when its time to move on, it is time to move on. you will always be a neco member in my books. subaru's are nice cars, i hope you enjoy it as much as your cougar. give me a call when you get a chance about cedar point.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Hey Rick,

I got your call the other day while I was out, and meant to call you back but deleted the message. I only have your old cell number in my phone. If you wanna call me back, feel free to, or email/pm/IM me your contact info and when I can reach you and I'll get back to you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.