New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking into getting a jetta and i want to find a forum where i can find out info on them so i know what to bargain with and what not. i did a search on google and other sights but only found scrappy forums.

does anybody know anyone that posts on one? or know of one off hand?

thanks

andrew

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, the Vortex is definately THE VW site. The only downside is that it's so freakin' huge (and active) it's hard to stay current on what's going on.

Anyway, as far as Jetta's go, my only piece of advice would be to avoid the MkIII cars (mid to late 90's). A MkII or MkIV is probably a much better bet.

·
Premium Member
8,300 Posts
Originally posted by: Prez
Be smart and get a 5spd 1.8T, you'll have looks, and POWER! The 1.8T has lots of potential.
Yep ... 250+ FWHP without much effort or cost ... 400+ FWHP for around $6K (turbo upgrade, exhaust upgrade, chip/tuning). Drop another $5K into suspension and handling bits and pieces and the car would be untouchable on the street for the amount of money spent!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
make sure you get manual. auto with 1.8T is not a good mix, it is slow as dog and the torque induced upshift will snap your neck. VW is not known for making nice automatic like Honda (due to it being European where no one ever buys a small car with auto).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts