New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking for a good a shop in vancouver to take my 99 cougar to. My girlfriend accidently ripped off the driver side mirror so i need to get it fixed. thanks

·
Registered
491 Posts
What do you mean by "ripped" off? You know our mirrors are designed so they break off in case of impact right? You can reattach it back on. Let me know. If you still need a shop to go to get it repainted and fixed or whatever,

AK Autoworks located near Brentwood mall..

I've heard they do a great job on their stuff.

BTW, welcome to the NECO boards! Would you like to join NECO NW?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for replying so quickly. the mirror is still on the car...barely. The glass is all cracked and it hardly moves with the joystick. She was backing up and didn't see a brick wall on her side and hit it. I wanted to try and fix it myself, but i don't have a day off till atleast next saturday, so i don't really have time. Anyway, i live pretty close to brentwood and i know what shop you're talking about so i probably take it there and have them take a look at it. thanks again for you help.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sorry to hear about your mirror. I actually had the exact same problem, but on passenger side. I was backing into my garage a bit too fast and wasn't paying enough attention and CRACK. You buy the mirror assembly and the glass separately. In my case, the glass was fine so I just needed the mirror assembly. The little body-coloured piece comes unpainted so if you can salvage the one off your existing mirror you're lucky. I was able to, it only had a small scratch on that panel.

I'm the not world's handiest guy but my neighbour is pretty handy (and has waaaay more tools than me) and he helped me. It was a bit of a hassle and tight working conditions but it is doable if you want to try it yourself.

Cheers,
Scott.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts