New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear alot stuff from different companies trying to sell their crap, but I was just curious is that Mothers Clay Bar Worth the $15 and actually do what it or what we think it should do?

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
yes, clay bar is an essential tool if you're really serious about yoru car's paint. It makes your car's paint feel as if it were just painted if you do it right.

Claybar Guide

Edit: One thing I noticed the guide fails to tell you is to clean your car, and strip all wax on the car's paint prior ot doing this. To remove the wax, you can wash your car with dawn. Make sure you wax the paint after you're done with it, because it'll be totally bare against dirt and the elements..

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Yes i'd seriously recommend getting a claybar. It's good to claybar your car once a year to rid the car of tiny unremovable dirt, tar and other contaminants. However, I do not recommend using dishwashing liquid on your car. Motortrend had an article on their car care guide about using dishwashing liquid.

For more information please check out the Car Care sectoin of the forums.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Im still afriad to claybar my car dont want to mess anyhting up

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Claybaring is simple. You would think that something that improves the quality of your paint so much would have the potential to do a lot of damage also, but from what i have read from the detailing experts its near impossible to mess anything up use a claybar.

I was a little nervous the first time i did it this past fall, but its simple, its kind of like washing your car but you use a little spray bottle instead of a hose, and you rub in down with a piece of clay instead of a sponge. simple

Edit: oh and as far as results go, before clay bar my doors were rough to the touch, so much so I had thought about having the car professionally wet sanded and polished. But claybar made the paint 90-95% better, something I can definately live with for the cost. :biggrin:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well I took out my tranny but i got oil and crap all over it. Will the clay bar get off all that crap. I tried using regular car wash but it wont get it all off. So should I try dawn its made for cutting through grease, I just dont understand why or how it would hurt anything.

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
try using tar and wax remover to get the oil off...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts