New Cougar Forum banner

121 - 140 of 172 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
finally had a chance to put the exhaust on yesterday. it actually fits in there. had to trim a bit off the back where it splits into 2 because it wasnt sitting even on the bumper. just need to get some washers since the nuts are sinking into the clamps. or just weld it, which it what im leaning towards since it sits low enough as is and i dont need the clamps hanging down any lower lol

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Passenger headlight is getting buggy. it turns on just fine, but shuts off after a bit. Need to check the connections. Ballast might be going bad

Twice now when I’ve had a heavy item on the passenger seat the airbag light has been flashing, is this normal?

Once the escape gets fixed Goldie is gonna get parked for the winter, and have all the suspension bits gone through and get a good internal cleaning

·
5,237 Posts
Flashing air bag light might be normal, if you've a heavy item on the seat, and no seat belt - the sensor may be saying the passenger bag is OFF because of the weight (say, of a child versus the weight of an adult) and no seat belt. That might have been a thing in 2001.

In my Fusion, for example, when I put my laptop bag in the passenger seat the Pass Airbag Off indicator lights up.

·
Administrator
24,235 Posts
I don't think this car came with occupancy sensors in the seats on any model.

My airbag light will sometimes flash randomly on cold, damp days.

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
how have I missed this all this time ;)

now to go back and see what bad things @jaged has been saying about my little car ;)

here's the much more red replacement

no aftermarket exhaust, no CAI (or any air filter ;), no oil changes, no stopping for gas, etc, no CELs, no noise (ok - it was always pretty quite, at least until going to Jaged), no clutch, no key/keyfob, no waiting for the heater to warm up, no need to steer, etc :D

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
im not sure what she did with this car, but all the bolts came off super easy. the stock header to y pipe bolts hand turned off once they were broken loose :eek:
that is from a car living without winter salt ;) all of that was stock from the factory.

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
IDK - the ballasts job is to essentially ignite the HID, right? so would tend to think it is the lamp or something in the wiring. When I was last driving it, I hadn't noticed it doing that though.
Have you check the connections to make sure it is still firmly attached and clean?

ETA: also, yes - it came from Ford with the block heater, If you are interested in remaking (or rebuilding) the front valances I believe my forms those were made from are still at my dad's (sitting in my Mustang) and can send those to you, IIRC, wires under the glovebox are to the XM antenna - (XM receiver was moved to the Solstice), can't remember if there were any other random things mentioned that I would have answers to...

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
so the escape got fixed so the wife can drive it in the snow, so i can drive the fusion, so i can do some maintenance on goldie. Well it hasnt snowed yet, so goldie is still getting used. I dont think the car ever got driven in any kind of weather, the paint on the front of the rear bumper valance is almost gone form debris hitting it

·
Va te faire foutre
6,005 Posts
so the escape got fixed so the wife can drive it in the snow, so i can drive the fusion, so i can do some maintenance on goldie. Well it hasnt snowed yet, so goldie is still getting used. I dont think the car ever got driven in any kind of weather, the paint on the front of the rear bumper valance is almost gone form debris hitting it
we don't have weather here. besides light rain, if that is considered weather. And sun, because as everyone knows, that is what the NW is known for :D

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
So currently Goldie is up on jack stands for some lovin.
New parts on hand that are going in:
Control arms
Steering rack
Roush rsb
Longer wheel studs
Filed Roll restrictors

Need to purchase/ warranty parts (yay for more than one cougar :rofl: )
Sway bar end links
Tie rod ends
Rear endlinks
Struts
Brakes
Reinforce rear subframe
Install boxed control arms

I have an uim that is extrude honed, but I wanted to get it polished before it goes in. That might have to wait until next winter. Might just strip it and install it

Currently the front knuckle and struts are pulled. Hope to get some work in tomorrow

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #137 (Edited)
Today was productive
Installed
Steering rack
Control arms
Front sway bar bushings
Longer wheel studs in the front

Acquired new parts via life time warranty
Sway bar end links
Ball joints
Tie rod ends

Purchased brakes all around, and 4 BAT struts

It’ll be good to get this aligned and back on the road again

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I highly recommend customizing your rear endlinks and control arms while your in there to something solid. It makes a huge difference.

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
thats how i have the 3L, everything is solid. I still want this to be a comfortable drive.

picked up the ball joints and tie rod end links last night

still need to cobble together some rear end links with some energy suspension bushings

121 - 140 of 172 Posts