New Cougar Forum banner
181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,797 Posts
Didn’t that car have a full-size spare at one time?

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Finally got the TZT endlinks installed
Isn't this supposed to be a daily driver? You really trust TZT front end links for a daily? I sure wouldn't trust them after being driven in the snow once!

·
Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
24,797 Posts
Probably rear links; Daniel hasn't offered front links for a LOOONG time.

I have TZT rear links on the track car, too.

·
Super Moderator
22,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
it is the rears. it hasnt been a daily driver since i bought the truck. i probably wont drive it often until the kids are out of their seats. itll be a lot easier to move around with those not there. Plus i havent gotten around to fixing the AC yet lol

·
Super Moderator
22,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Got underneath the car with my son tonight to do an oil change and noticed that the inside edge of both front tires are worn pretty bad. I only drive it once or twice a week so i havent noticed it. Its rubbing bad on the inner fender wells on both sides. Got it on the ground and turned the wheels all the way and i could barely get my fingers in between.

not sure if something has broke or the alignment has gone wonky. just need some time and ideas, and im outta time this month

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Do a dummy check and make sure they're plumb first. If it still has lowering springs, they might be sagging past the point of proper camber.
I would make sure weight equivalent to you is in the car when checking it.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
The difference between a toe problem and a camber problem is subtle at first glance but can be easily checked IRL.

Font Service Gadget Electronic device Audio equipment

·
Super Moderator
22,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
It was aligned when I put the car together and i put new struts on it at the time. Granted with scullins luck with his BAT struts that could be the issue. its the inner 2" of tire thats messed up on both tires. Its been rubbing hard on the inner frame, its all nice and shiny.

The springs are eibach's that have been on for a long time. they may be sagging a bit more than normal

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Rubbing is weird. Too much offset on aftermarket wheels?

181 - 190 of 190 Posts