New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a couple months back I bought Goldies car with the plan of fixing it and driving it daily and selling my Fusion. The wife isnt a fan of this idea so its future is still up in the air. Ive always wanted to get back into a normal cougar to drive since the race car is a bit rough to drive on the road and just get a truck to drive in the winter.

It needs a clutch(hopefully thats it) and it should be good to go, as well as some TLC When I got the car both Razzi side skirts were busted up pretty bad, and one front was busted into 3 pieces and the other is in rough shape as well. They arent so far gone that they cant be fixed, but its going to be a lot of work.

Other than springs and a rstb the car is stock performance wise.

If I end up keeping it it not going to be a full on race car, but I want to get it back to what I had in the DSG to make it fun to drive. May eventually put a hybrid in it since its got a pretty polished UIM(that is stock, itll need extrude honed)

my big dilemma now is do I fix the razzi kit, which looks neat in the gold. Or do i swap front and rear bumpers and install the full 01 WW kit that i have and throw the cougar s wings on, which was my plan to do with a car all along. My house has a 6-8" curb so getting the WW up it on H&R's might be tricky

I also have a full 01 interior that i can put in , but the interior is perfect with the exception of a hand print from the car hauler

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like the gold and the wheels. The skirts, not so much - they don't match the lines of the car at all. Ditch 'em, fix the clutch and drive it!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Been waiting for this thread. I tried to talk my bank guard into letting me buy that car but didnt get past her.
My vote is the WW.
I still have a spare visteon spoiler if you want to use the only truly good looking spoiler there is for these cars;)

·
5,237 Posts
Stock, or WW :) Ain't doing it cheap if you're painting though!

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
i know you like the 02 bumpers better, but the early ww kit looks very clean, could be easlier then trying to get new bumpers and painting everything

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont mind the 99, but im trying to work with what i have. i know its going to be a lot of hours to fix the razzi parts. the one good thing about the razzi is that they are different. everyone goes roush, some go ww but hardly anyone went razzi

ive got a visteon rear wing as well, but ive had the cougar s wings sitting since the group buy, what 10 yrs ago?

·
Registered
5,112 Posts
i dont mind the 99, but im trying to work with what i have. i know its going to be a lot of hours to fix the razzi parts. the one good thing about the razzi is that they are different. everyone goes roush, some go ww but hardly anyone went razzi

ive got a visteon rear wing as well, but ive had the cougar s wings sitting since the group buy, what 10 yrs ago?
yea the cougar s wing is sexy. make sur eit will look good with whatever kit you do use

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
The 01/02 WW kit has always been my favorite. The Razzi looks good as well, but also changing it up a little gives you a chance to make it Jason's car. I just threw away the set of 01/02 bumpers I had in my garage forever. I would have given them to you. Also, keep in mind, next nobody does anything cosmetically with these cars any more. So, seeing a clean lightly modded one is rare no matter what kit you have on it.

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
It is. The Wings West kit is very similar to the Roush in most respects, except the front lip is one piece, where the Roush is two.

·
Super Moderator
22,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im not sure what she did with this car, but all the bolts came off super easy. the stock header to y pipe bolts hand turned off once they were broken loose :eek:

motor came out last night. why are there so many unneeded ground wires on these dam cars? Its anniversary weekend so not a whole lot will happen this weekend. hopefully ill split the trans off at least.

plans have changed a tiny bit since the wifes escape is having some electrical gremlins, so she is gonna be driving the fusion for a while once i get goldie running. might be long term.

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
im not sure what she did with this car, but all the bolts came off super easy. the stock header to y pipe bolts hand turned off once they were broken loose :eek:
Must be nice living where there's no road salt. Don't get used to it, LOL.

·
8,494 Posts
so for those not hip to the original car, what's the story here?
It was owned by a member in Oregon who went by the username of Goldie. She drove it Fest at least once. It’s a pretty good looking car.

Edit: Pic from CF2008

·
Administrator
24,234 Posts
Yeah! Drove it from Oregon to Indianapolis.

it was very well-kept, uniquely modded, rare color; great specimen.

CougarDB :: goldie Vehicle Profile

Does it still have the custom front valences? That was a master-stroke for the Razzi kit; their original front valence was awful.

1 - 20 of 172 Posts