New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Christmas right around the corner I'm looking into to getting a set of rims. Instead of going for big flashy 18's or 19's I was looking into buying a set of Rota Slipstreams. Seen here. I really because of the lightweight. I want to know if going from a 16" rim to a 15" rim would affect my gearing? What size tire's should I get with the 15's? Or should I just say screw the difference of 4.4 lbs of rim weight between the two and get a set of 16's?

G

·
i have a set of 16s with some really hi performance stock tires for sale....

and dude no... please dont...those rims look like Walmart specials... ill make fun of you.... :rofl:

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i agree with george. Dude dont get them. Bad size and bad choice. Get some 22's with spinners. :goofy:

G

·
Why on earth would u go down in wheel size???? i mean how much lighter do those wheels weigh? you dont want to do that dude...u will regret badly....hell for that matter Ill sell ya a set of 16 inch stockers real cheap. I just put my 18s on it with some NT555 extremes.....and damn...luvn it

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol! I already have stock 16's why would i need another set? Those rims are only 12.4 lbs in 15" and only 13.5 lbs in 16". You guys didn't answer my questions either...

·
Banned
317 Posts
as long as your tire's outside diameter is the same as 215/50R16 (205/60R15 is close) then you wont have any "gearing" problems. On the other hand your car will handle like a kia..... get 17's.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Ya my buddy uses those rimes on his Integra for road racing. He swears by them. Also you guys making fun, how many people road racing with 17"+ not many. Think about it. You will have no problem if you get the right size tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts