New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im fitting a GMK on my zetec (will be attempting to by next weekend at the latest) and I currently have the CTA intake...the filter I have fits over the MAF so I do not have an MAF adaptor.

My question is...could I just fit this thing onto my MAF w/ the couplers and clamps or will i need to attach an MAF adaptor?

If I need an MAF adaptor...wheres the cheapest place I can find one?

Also, for installation...I am not going to be relocating my battery at the moment. But to make installation easy, you removed the battery (or atleast the fuse box) and reinstalled it after the GMK was installed correct?

S

·
0 Posts
I removed the battery tray and pushed the fuse box sideways to drill the hole. I also sawed part of the tray off. After drilling the hole and cleaning the bay, just reasemble everything...
Ztecs should have more room though right?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know Draxas.com was the cheapest I could find for a V6 MAF adapter. Not sure what size a Zetec needs but I'm sure they should have it.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
yeah, remove your battery and on the bottom side of the fuse box, cut the ziptie off the wires so you have even more room to slide it over, then install your CAI and put everything back in...its tight and you have to really push the battery over to the left against the hoses but it will fit

edited- to add pic

1 - 6 of 6 Posts