New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emphasize finally!!! Cutting a hole that large with a dremel is a big PITA! I started this install 6 days ago and just finished a few minutes ago! Once the hole was cut, everything fit together nicely though. And it looks great in the engine bay. I'm going to take it for a spin in a few minutes! Great work Kenneth! Thanks!

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
A dremel? ooh man. hehe I have a 3.5" hole saw for bi-metal. it only takes me like 40 seconds to cut the hole. A dremel would suck!

But I'm glad you got it installed!

Kenneth

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, I went for an hour long ride and... Oh my god!!! No heatsoak! Man, this thing works great! The performance difference is actually noticeable! I am very happy with the way that everything turned out. Especially in the engine bay. Now it doesn't look so cluttered, and I finally have the nitrous control box mounted to look nice since I have the space now. Ya, I know it was a pain with the dremel... I was going to buy one of the hole cutters, but it was going to be $35 for the hole cutter and the bit that it mounts on. Since I fugured I would never use this again, I decided to do it the long way! At least it's done now!

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Awesome! I do believe your the first person to install the GMK CAI on an Automatic. Its great having the battery out of the way isnt it? I did mine a few weeks ago. Lets see some pics!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts