New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a couple pics of the where to drill but the ones that I have seen, have the pipe going through the hole. So I thought while I was waiting on couplers, I would take a few pics without the pipe in there so you can see exactly where to drill. Also there are pics of the actual piece I drilled so you can get a better idea as well. Enjoy!

I drilled a pilot hole and then, I didnt like how it was positioned, so i used a stock hole that was already there, ( the hole in the center of this next pic.)

On the bottom side of what you are cutting, there is a nut welded in place to hold the battery tray in place. Make sure you cut around it, lie I did. I was easy for me to see, thanks to the drift front, I could just look up in under with the side hole in the bumper! :biggrin:

·
Registered
487 Posts
what did you use to cut the hole??

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a 3.5" hole saw. I had my brother, who works at a machine shop, bring a half inch bit drill and the hole saw along home. I tried to drill down through the battery tray and everything. After a bent pilot bit, and broken teeth on the hole saw, I went out and bought another, then removed the battery tray. Ford really bolted that thing down! After that was removed it took all of maybe 1 minute to drill the hole. It was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts

yep I used the same thing. I didn't need to take the tray out tho. I just drilled a hole in the tray where the center of the saw would go. Then I got a longer drill bit than what came with the saw, stuck it in the hole as a guide, and cut the hole out. Took about 2 minutes.

Mike

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Those pics are very helpful! thanks Silverfrost99!

Mind if i use them for future reference?

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You bastards!!!!

i used a regualr drill and drilled about 30 holes, and connected the dots with a screwdriver and a hammer:banghead:

that took about an hour and a half:disgust:

S

·
0 Posts
Used the same thing (hole saw). I found it easier removing the battery tray...

N

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by: Instigator
You bastards!!!!

i used a regualr drill and drilled about 30 holes, and connected the dots with a screwdriver and a hammer:banghead:

that took about an hour and a half:disgust:

:rofl:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kenneth, be my guest and use the pics if you like. I posted to make it easier for others. Almost everything I have done always turns out to either take longer, more difficult, or a bigger pain than expected. .......Next up... SVT upper and TB, hopefully this wont be too bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts