New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my neighbor is a car dealership owner, and i told him i wanted a new sounds on my coog, since he sold the coog to me he said he will sell me a good glasspack (fiberglass exhaust) and remove a piece, idk what its called i think a resperator? hell idk,, i know its not the converter, its the peice after that. and replace it with a straight pipe, and i wanted NECO's opionion , he said he will install it all for 75$ should i??

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
he would be talking about the resonator $75 aint bad either

look on the forum there is a thread about putting together an ehxuast for under $200 which would be done the right way or check out truebends.com I think thats how you spell it

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can get a glasspack for 30 new from summit (cherry bombs) I personally don't like these they make a slapping noise when you rev (most trucks have them) and everybody has them because they are cheap.

But its your choice to get it or not.

·
Administrator
11,595 Posts
I can't say I've ever heard one that doesn't say "Hey look! I slapped a cheap exhaust on just to make a horribly unrefined noise!" That and Cherry Bombs.

IMO they're best suited for V8's. Save the money and sift through the exhaust thread in the 2.5l section for the sound you want.

·
Administrator
24,586 Posts
Do it right or don't do it at all.

Stock > Ghetto.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i agree with the rest. get a real exhaust.

·
Registered
213 Posts
exhaust can be cheaper that you think. i got my resonator replaced with a flowmaster 40 series, and then dual pipes out the back (similar to cougardans setup).. sounds pretty beast and only cost 165 before tax..

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the support NECO, yeah im getting a flowmaster 40 series done, for 60$ i can take off the resonator for 75$ i dont have dual yet :(

thanks!
-Bryan:biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts