New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
36,500 miles, and mine is horribly cracked everywhere, and apparently it is only covered under warranty up to 15,000 miles. It's the 21st century, and belts don't last any longer than they did 40 years ago. This better not be the beginning of my car's mid-life crisis.

G

·
you dont have underdrive pulleys do you? also im wondering if your tensioner is too strong

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, nothing aftermarket in that area, and probably never will be. I heard some bad stories about pulleys.

G

·
ya i dont have any either and dont recommend them, just dont like them, too many bad stories myself

G

·
i can't verify them, but ihave neard that because they cause the accessories to spin faster, that the bearing will wear out faster. ALso i have heard people having cooling problems, due to the speeds the pumps spinning at. things like that

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
belts should be replaced every 2 years or 24000 miles if i'm not mistaken.

G

·
and i'm sure no one would argue that mine should read, "member who drinks beer and argues with puck puck all the time" right pucky?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.